Art on the Rocks™ has grown to one of the finest art shows in the country, attracting over 140 artists and 10,000 people each year. In 2018, we will be celebrating our 60th annual fine art and crafts festival in Mattson Lower Harbor Park, sandwiched between Marquette’s historic downtown and the Cinder Pond Marina on beautiful Lake Superior the weekend of July 28th and July 29th.
To maintain the tradition of excellence, 30% of the show is made up of artists invited based on a scoring system used by our previous show judges and the other 70% selected in a jury process held in April.
Reunion, vacations and other events are scheduled to insure that a visit to Art on the Rocks can be the focal point of a trip to the Upper Peninsula, specifically Marquette in late July. This celebration of art and talent has been an important component every summer for a half a century for those who live or visit in this area.