The open-air European market, hosted by the Holland Friends of Art, is an ideal place to shop for unique, handcrafted gifts and locally-made holiday treats. Vendors are housed outdoors in historically crafted booths at the Eighth Street Market Place.
While the Kerstmarkt has become a tradition for many West Michigan families, vendors have reported yearly U.S. customers from as far away as Texas and many European guests traveling from Chicago. Now opening the Saturday before Thanksgiving, we offer our products to early Christmas shoppers as well as the opportunity for vendors to offer Thanksgiving-related items.
2018 Kerstmarkt Schedule:
- Saturday, November 17, 9 - 5pm
- Friday, November 23, 11 - 5pm
- Saturday, November 24, 9 - 5pm
- Tuesday, November 27, 3 - 8 (Parade of Lights)
- Friday, November 30, 3 - 8 (Sinterklaas Procession at 7 pm)
- Saturday, December 2, 9 - 5
- Friday, December 7, 3 - 8 (Sled dogs demo)
- Saturday, December 8, 9 - 5 (Sled dogs demo)