Hammond House Museum
210 Charlotte St., Union City, MI 49094
This stately Greek revival structure was one of the first fine homes in Union City. It was built a century and a half ago by Deacons Chester Hammond who came west from Smyrna County, New York in 1836. The House was originally part of a two hundred acre tract which Hammond platted in 1837, in anticipation of a proposed extension of the Ernie Canal. Hammond's influence on the Union City's early development is formidable. Before his death in 1849, he was Union City's first town clerk and an original stock holder in the Union City Iron Co. His wife and children were prominent citizens in their own right.
|Season(s) of Operation||