Must-See Michigan Music Festivals
Celebrate festival season with a lineup of must-see music festivals in Michigan stacked with amazing acts. From electronic and hip-hop to country and folk, these festivals are sure to have you rocking out all summer long!
Memorial Day Weekend in Detroit has been host to Movement since 2000. Once called The Detroit Electronic Music Festival, Movement celebrates Detroit’s unique culture and rich musical history as the birthplace of techno music.
2020 Featured Artists: Orbital, Amelie Lens, Floorplan, Stephan Bodzin, Hot Since 82, Chris Lake, Danny Brown, Heiko Laux, DJ Bone, DJ Nobu
2. Camp Greensky – Wellston
Situated among the historic trees of Manistee National Forest, Camp Greensky is the perfect place to enjoy the great outdoors and great bluegrass music. Festivities include disc golf, yoga, craft beer and great food, all the while tapping along to the beat of bluegrass music. Greensky Bluegrass, who founded the festival, perform along with other popular artists each night.
2019 Featured Artists: Greensky Bluegrass, Del & Dawg, Stephen Marley
Whether you prefer to jam out to pop, rap, EDM (electronic dance music), country or any genre in between, Common Ground Music Festival has music for every taste. Each day of the four-day festival features a unique mix of artists – and each performance has the urban backdrop of downtown Lansing at Adado Riverfront Park.
2019 Featured Artists: City and Colour, ZEDD, Cole Swindell, Big Boi
4. Electric Forest – RothburyElectric Forest was first held in the summer of 2011 at the Double JJ Ranch in Rothbury. The eclectic festival provides a unique experience by immersing participants in Sherwood Forest for a weekend of camping, music, community and culture. Music genres vary, with everything from EDM to indie and rock to disco.
2019 Featured Artists: Odesza, Kygo, Bassnectar, Zeds Dead
5. Blissfest – Harbor Springs
Blissfest is a celebration of culture and music that features a range of music from bluegrass to Latin and Celtic to Jazz that music-lovers of all ages can enjoy. Come sing along, dance like no one is watching, eat local food and browse craft tents for hours. This festival has something for everyone, and you won’t want to miss out.
2019 Featured Artists: Amy Helm, Canned Heat, Sam Bush, Steve Poltz, Martin Sextin
6. Faster Horses – Brooklyn
Faster Horses originated in 2013 and now boasts crowds of more than 40,000 that gather at Michigan International Speedway every summer to enjoy three days of non-stop country music. The festival features two stages, 18 campgrounds, a car show and a lineup like no other. Throw on your cowboy boots and hat and be prepared for a weekend of unforgettable entertainment.
2019 Featured Artists: Zac Brown Band, Keith Urban, Toby Keith, Maren Morris, Danielle Bradberry
7. Mo Pop – DetroitLocated on the banks of the Detroit River, Mo Pop is more than a music festival. Featuring artists from a variety of genres and two full days of non-stop music, Mo Pop is the perfect festival for anyone looking to experience Detroit in a unique way. Walk through the SHIPYARD to get some Detroit eats, or head to Craft Bazaar to buy some local, handmade goods. From arcade games to artist meet-and-greets, you will never be bored at Mo Pop.
2019 Featured Artists: Tame Impala, Vampire Weekend, Ella Mai, Kali Uchis, Lizzo
8. Hoxeyville Music Festival – WellstonAs an Americana and Roots Festival, Hoxeyville Music Festival places you in farmland at the heart of the Manistee National Forest, surrounding you with trees and an unrivaled country-music-loving community. Bring your kayak, hiking shoes and hammock because there will be plenty of time for adventure and leisure to go with amazing music.
2019 Featured Artists: Railroad Earth, Billy Strings, Dave Bruzza, Keller Williams, Fruition
9. Detroit Jazz Festival – Detroit
As the world’s largest free jazz festival, Detroit Jazz Festival is a celebration of Detroit’s rich jazz music history and talent. Each Labor Day weekend people from all over gather to enjoy the rich talent of leading jazz performers, as well as the innovation of up-and-coming artists.
2019 Featured Artists:Stanley Clarke, Cameron Graves Quartet, Chucho Valdes, Connie Han
2019 Featured Artists: The Special Consensus, Quebe Sisters, Jones Family Singers, The Mammals
More Michigan Music Festivals:WAY UP – Marquette
B-93 Birthday Bash - Comstock Park
Three Stacks Music Festival
Hiawatha Traditional Music Fest – Marquette
Old Town BluesFest – Lansing