Charity Lodge was built in the summer of 2003 by Dean and Debbie Wiltse of Oscoda Michigan. This knotty pine, island retreat is the first seasonal home built on the Big Charity Island other than the lighthouse keepers home built originally in 1856. The Charity Island Lodge has a maximum of four occupants. The loft area has two twin beds and a double bed. The master bedroom has a queen size bed as well. Charity Island is accessible from early April through October. No pets allowed.