The Reverend Richard R. Upjohn of Chicago designed this small Norman style church of rough-hewn limestone and sandstone. This is one of the oldest Manistee churches still holding regular worship services.
The cornerstone for the Church of the Holy Trinity was laid in October 1888 and the first services were held in the church on December 16, 1888. This building, one of the few hand-hewn stone churches in the area, was constructed in the style of an English country church of Norman design. A rectory (housing for the priest and family) was built next to the church in 1890.